The Department of Civil Engineering was started in the year 2009 and the objective of the Department has been to produce globally competent Civil Engineers by imparting quality education and training in various areas of Civil Engineering. The department has well qualified and dedicated Faculty members, committed technical staffs and enthusiastic students, which makes the department one of the sought after departments for the aspiring Engineering Graduates. The dept. actively involves in research and consultancy works and conducts regular Faculty Development Programmes and Conferences. The department ensures the overall development and employability of graduates to find careers of their choice/pursuit of knowledge by providing training programs in various areas of Civil Engineering. The department is also equipped with nine engineering laboratories for the projects and consultancy works along with academics.
To be sought after center of excellence in Civil Engineering education through innovative methods of Teaching Learning,R & D and Consultancy Services, contributing to the development of an ecologically sustainable society.
*To mould our students to graduates of global standards with ethical values, by our ever enhancing competence in teaching, research and consultancy services.
*To ensure that our graduates are well placed and contributing to the sustainable development of our society.
Department has enough number of class rooms for the smooth conduct of the courses.
Moreover new construction over the existing building is being done for creating facilities for Post Graduate programs planning.
All the laboratories are well equipped with advanced systems.
1.Strength of Materials Lab
2.Concrete Technology Lab
4.Geotechnical Engineering Lab
5.Transportation Engineering Lab
6.Environmental engineering Lab
7.Computer Applications Lab in Civil Engineering
8.Construction and Structural Engineering Lab
9.Building Technology and Non-destructive Testing Lab
|1||Ms. Shabana Salih K||Assistant Professor and Headfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|2||Ms. Surya T V||Assistant Professoremail@example.com|
|3||Ms. Vijina V V||Assistant Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|4||Mr. Soumyan K||Assistant Professoremail@example.com|
|5||Ms. Umaima Muhammed C K||Assistant Professor (Adhoc)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|6||Ms. Jubina C K||Assistant Professor (Adhoc)||email@example.com|
|7||Mr. Aadithya Renjith T T||Assistant Professor (Adhoc)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|8||Ms. Ashifa Siddique C H||Assistant Professor (Adhoc)||email@example.com|
|9||Ms. Shilpa P||Assistant Professor (Adhoc)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|1||ASWIN RAJ||Trade Instructoremail@example.com|
|2||HARSHA SURESH T K||Trade Instructorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||VIMAL DEV A S||Trade Instructoremail@example.com|
Awards & Achievements:
- Hiba C K, Basith Ali K K, Anaswara Dileep K V and Arunima Satheesh M S presented a paper on “Effect of Bracing on Seismic Performance of Multi-storeyed Building Frames with Floating Columns” in the National Conference on Infrastructural Innovations & Environment (NCIIE’21) organised by department of Civil Engineering, CEV and published the paper in International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT) ISSN: 2278-0181, Special Issue – 2021, Volume 9, Issue 6.
- Abharnna Nath V S, Amal P P, Greeshma Janardhanan and Vaishnav A presented a paper on “Performance of Square Footing on Reinforced Granular Trenches above Soft soil” in the National Conference on Infrastructural Innovations & Environment (NCIIE’21) organised by department of Civil Engineering, CEV and published the paper in International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT) ISSN: 2278-0181, Special Issue – 2021, Volume 9, Issue 6.
- Sikha P, Amrutha M P, Jamshiya F and Arathi T published a paper on “Treatment of well water contaminated with Septic tank effluent using Modified Compacted Sand Filter” in Lecture notes in Current Trends in Civil Engineering, 2021, Springer (Scopus indexed)
- Anjali K R , Arjun K , Aswathi P , Sajid K and Sruthi S Kumar published a paper on “Strength and Permeability Characteristics of Coir Fibre Reinforced Pervious Concrete” in International Journal of Current Engineering and Scientific Research (IJCESR) ISSN: 2394-0697, Volume-6, Issue-1, 2019.
- Aswathy M K, Arun V J p, Anuvind R s, Veena K J and Vidyaya T R presented and published a paper on “Experimental Investigation on the Suitability of using Rice Husk Ash and Lime for soil stabilisation” in International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, 2016, Vol. 7(4), pp:58-61.
- Raseena N P, Rithika S, Nipin S, Shafiya T S and Jini K M presented and published a paper on “Compressed Stabilised Earth Blocks” in International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, 2016, Vol. 7(4), pp:76-84.
- Aadithya Renjith T T, Ajay Sooraj P S, akhil P k, Jamsi T and Neethisha S R presented and published a paper on “Experimental study on Strength characteristics of concrete developed using Eco-sand and Fly ash” in proceedings for International Conference on Emerging trends in Engineering and Technology, 5th June 2016, Calicut.
- Athira M. M., Lalna S. S. , Prasun C. , Rafeekha K. K. , Rajimol K. R. and Safna A. M. presented and published a paper on “Effect of Coir Rope Wrapping on the Compressive Strength of Short Axially Loaded Concrete Members” in International Journal of Research in Advent Technology (E-ISSN: 2321-9637) Vol.3, No.8, May 2015.
- Anjali K R , Arjun K , Aswathi P , Sajid K , Sruthi S Kumar published a paper on “Strength and Permeability Characteristics of Coir Fibre Reinforced Pervious Concrete” in International Journal of Current Engineering and Scientific Research (IJCESR) ISSN: 2394-0697, Volume-6, Issue-1, 2019.
- Student of 2010 CE batch – Mr. Bilal T. T. – got third rank in the university.
- Mr. Abdul Basith O. T., Ashlin C. Francis, Mohammed Miyas K. Nijin V. K., & NidhinK. of final year CE (2010 Batch) have participated and presented a paper named “Performance of Demolished Concrete as Coarse Aggregate in Concrete”, in a National Conference on Furthering Aspirations in Civil Engineering Techniques (FACET 2014), 26-27 June 2014, Kannur, India.
- Ms. Anshi C., Ms. Shamseera Parambath, Ms. Shyamili T. M., Ms. Sruthi V. & Ms. Suhaira P., of final year CE (2010 Batch) published a paper named “Study on CBR Values of Soil with Crushed Coconut Shells”, International Journal of Advanced Engineering Technology, Vol-V, Issue-III, July-Sept, 2014. Page:55-58.
- Mr. Sreekumar K., final year CE(2010 Batch) have presented a paper named “Study on Papercrete Bricks using Timber waste Ash and Crushed Granite Powder” in a National Conference on Furthering Aspirations in Civil Engineering Techniques (FACET 2014), 26-27 June 2014, Kannur, India.
- Ms. Uma Muraleedharan, Ms. Teena George, Ms. Anjana. K. Johny, Ms. Geethu Lakshmi P. G., Ms. Fathima Sheejath P.V. and Mr. Justin Varghese of final year CE participated in an International conference on technical challenges in instrumentation, Computer science, Civil, Mechanical, Electronics and Electrical engineering at Christ Knowledge city, Mannoor, April 22nd 2015. Their paper named “Hydrologic study of Flood prone Drains in Calicut City with the help of SWMM” won the first prize in the conference.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
- Our Graduates will possess the knowledge and expertise to carry out the surveys needed for various Civil Engineering projects.
- Our graduates will be able to fit into various types of Civil Engineering jobs/projects as they are trained in the various construction industry practices after graduation.
- Our graduates will be able to use the various design and project management tools that are needed in the construction industry