The objective of the Department has been to produce globally competent Civil Engineers byimparting quality education and training in various areas of Civil Engineering. The department has stateof the art laboratories, well qualified and dedicated Faculty, committed technical staffs and enthusiasticstudents, which makes the department one of the sought after departments for the aspiring EngineeringGraduates. The dept. actively involves in research and consultancy works and conducts regular FacultyDevelopment Programmes and Conferences.
The department almost always tops the University (CUSAT) in results with 92% pass in the latestpublished Seventh semester results, which is the highest in the University. The dept. make use of thefunds provided by the TEQIP (Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme) to carry out theproject. The department ensures the overall development and employability of our graduates to findcareers of our choice/pursuit of knowledge.
To be sought after center of excellence in Civil Engineering education through innovative methods of Teaching Learning,R & D and Consultancy Services, contributing to the development of an ecologically sustainable society.
*To mould our students to graduates of global standards with ethical values, by our ever enhancing competence in teaching, research and consultancy services.
*To ensure that our graduates are well placed and contributing to the sustainable development of our society.
Department has enough number of class rooms for the smooth conduct of the courses.
Moreover new construction over the existing building is being done for creating facilities for Post Graduate programs planning.
All the laboratories are well equipped with advanced systems.
1.Strength of Materials Lab
2.Concrete Technology Lab
4.Geotechnical Engineering Lab
5.Transportation Engineering Lab
6.Environmental engineering Lab
7.Computer Applications Lab in Civil Engineering
8.Construction and Structural Engineering Lab
9.Building Technology and Non-destructive Testing Lab
|1||MRS VIJINA V V||Asst. Professor, Heademail@example.com|
|2||MRS SHABANA SALIH K||Asst. Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||DR. HARIKUMAR M||Asst. Professoremail@example.com|
|4||ANGITHA K K||Asst. Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|5||UMAIMA MUHAMMED C.K||Asst. Professoremail@example.com|
|6||ANASWARA C S||Asst. Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|7||JUBINA C K||Asst. Professoremail@example.com|
|8||SHILPA P||Asst. Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|9||BINNI BABUJI||Asst. Professor Adhocemail@example.com|
|10||NEETHU T M||Asst. Professor Adhocfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|11||SRUTHI SURENDRAN||Asst. Professor Adhoc||Uthisruthi@gmail.com|
Awards & Achievements:
- Student of 2010 CE batch – Mr. Bilal T. T. – got third rank in the university.
- Mr. Abdul Basith O. T., Ashlin C. Francis, Mohammed Miyas K. Nijin V. K., & NidhinK. of final year CE (2010 Batch) have participated and presented a paper named “Performance of Demolished Concrete as Coarse Aggregate in Concrete”, in a National Conference on Furthering Aspirations in Civil Engineering Techniques (FACET 2014), 26-27 June 2014, Kannur, India.
- Ms. Anshi C., Ms. Shamseera Parambath, Ms. Shyamili T. M., Ms. Sruthi V. & Ms. Suhaira P., of final year CE (2010 Batch) published a paper named “Study on CBR Values of Soil with Crushed Coconut Shells”, International Journal of Advanced Engineering Technology, Vol-V, Issue-III, July-Sept, 2014. Page:55-58.
- Mr. Sreekumar K., final year CE(2010 Batch) have presented a paper named “Study on Papercrete Bricks using Timber waste Ash and Crushed Granite Powder” in a National Conference on Furthering Aspirations in Civil Engineering Techniques (FACET 2014), 26-27 June 2014, Kannur, India.
- Ms. Uma Muraleedharan, Ms. Teena George, Ms. Anjana. K. Johny, Ms. Geethu Lakshmi P. G., Ms. Fathima Sheejath P.V. and Mr. Justin Varghese of final year CE participated in an International conference on technical challenges in instrumentation, Computer science, Civil, Mechanical, Electronics and Electrical engineering at Christ Knowledge city, Mannoor, April 22nd 2015. Their paper named “Hydrologic study of Flood prone Drains in Calicut City with the help of SWMM” won the first prize in the conference.