The objective of the Department has been to produce globally competent Civil Engineers byimparting quality education and training in various areas of Civil Engineering. The department has stateof the art laboratories, well qualified and dedicated Faculty, committed technical staffs and enthusiasticstudents, which makes the department one of the sought after departments for the aspiring EngineeringGraduates. The dept. actively involves in research and consultancy works and conducts regular FacultyDevelopment Programmes and Conferences.
The department almost always tops the University (CUSAT) in results with 92% pass in the latestpublished Seventh semester results, which is the highest in the University. The dept. make use of thefunds provided by the TEQIP (Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme) to carry out theproject. The department ensures the overall development and employability of our graduates to findcareers of our choice/pursuit of knowledge.
To be sought after center of excellence in Civil Engineering education through innovative methods of Teaching Learning,R & D and Consultancy Services, contributing to the development of an ecologically sustainable society.
*To mould our students to graduates of global standards with ethical values, by our ever enhancing competence in teaching, research and consultancy services.
*To ensure that our graduates are well placed and contributing to the sustainable development of our society.
Department has enough number of class rooms for the smooth conduct of the courses.
Moreover new construction over the existing building is being done for creating facilities for Post Graduate programs planning.
All the laboratories are well equipped with advanced systems.
1.Strength of Materials Lab
2.Concrete Technology Lab
4.Geotechnical Engineering Lab
5.Transportation Engineering Lab
6.Environmental engineering Lab
7.Computer Applications Lab in Civil Engineering
8.Construction and Structural Engineering Lab
9.Building Technology and Non-destructive Testing Lab
|1||MRS VIJINA V V||Asst. Professor, Headfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|2||MRS SHABANA SALIH K||Asst. Professoremail@example.com|
|3||DR. HARIKUMAR M||Asst. Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|4||ANGITHA K K||Asst. Professoremail@example.com|
|5||UMAIMA MUHAMMED C.K||Asst. Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|6||JUBINA C K||Asst. Professoremail@example.com|
|7||SHILPA P||Asst. Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|8||NIVEDHYA K||Asst. Professoremail@example.com|
|9||NEETHU K P||Asst. Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|10||NAYANA VIJAYARAGHAVAN||Asst. Professoremail@example.com|
Awards & Achievements:
- Student of 2010 CE batch – Mr. Bilal T. T. – got third rank in the university.
- Mr. Abdul Basith O. T., Ashlin C. Francis, Mohammed Miyas K. Nijin V. K., & NidhinK. of final year CE (2010 Batch) have participated and presented a paper named “Performance of Demolished Concrete as Coarse Aggregate in Concrete”, in a National Conference on Furthering Aspirations in Civil Engineering Techniques (FACET 2014), 26-27 June 2014, Kannur, India.
- Ms. Anshi C., Ms. Shamseera Parambath, Ms. Shyamili T. M., Ms. Sruthi V. & Ms. Suhaira P., of final year CE (2010 Batch) published a paper named “Study on CBR Values of Soil with Crushed Coconut Shells”, International Journal of Advanced Engineering Technology, Vol-V, Issue-III, July-Sept, 2014. Page:55-58.
- Mr. Sreekumar K., final year CE(2010 Batch) have presented a paper named “Study on Papercrete Bricks using Timber waste Ash and Crushed Granite Powder” in a National Conference on Furthering Aspirations in Civil Engineering Techniques (FACET 2014), 26-27 June 2014, Kannur, India.
- Ms. Uma Muraleedharan, Ms. Teena George, Ms. Anjana. K. Johny, Ms. Geethu Lakshmi P. G., Ms. Fathima Sheejath P.V. and Mr. Justin Varghese of final year CE participated in an International conference on technical challenges in instrumentation, Computer science, Civil, Mechanical, Electronics and Electrical engineering at Christ Knowledge city, Mannoor, April 22nd 2015. Their paper named “Hydrologic study of Flood prone Drains in Calicut City with the help of SWMM” won the first prize in the conference.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
- Our Graduates will possess the knowledge and expertise to carry out the surveys needed for various Civil Engineering projects.
- Our graduates will be able to fit into various types of Civil Engineering jobs/projects as they are trained in the various construction industry practices after graduation.
- Our graduates will be able to use the various design and project management tools that are needed in the construction industry